I find in my time away from blogging that another dear friend has nominated me for a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" Award. How cute! And she's tagged me for yet another meme, this one writing related.
1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?
The entire series for The Gift of the Stranger. Not only do I have to write the rest of the stories, but I need to bring the ones I already have written up to the standard I envision for them. I’m not sure I’m grown up enough for that yet …
2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?
Right this minute? the second volume in Lois Bujold’s The Sharing Knife duology. (It’s sitting on my bedside table, whispering sweetly to me …)
3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?
A vintage portable typewriter (“Skywriter”). Manual, of course.
4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?
2-6, depending upon how busy I am.
5. What's your favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?
My laptop, which currently has a broken hinge and has to be propped to stay upright …
6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read?
Ummm, I love all historicals, depending upon how well-done they are, but probably medievals. No, wait, Regency. No, wait …
7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?
The Black Stallion. And, all the Little House books. I loved them … read them over and over.
And now ... who to tag?? Anyone who wants to play, I expect ...